Monday, July 23, 2012

Luckiest Girl in the World

It's weekends like this past weekend that remind me how lucky I am, not just the last couple years but in general. What I am talking about is my girls. A friend of mine wrote about the cycle of friendship recently and as someone who recently entered her 40s I am very familiar with how friendships go through cycles, some cycle out some go on. This weekend my girls from just about every stage of my life helped me celebrate my upcoming marriage. I was completely blown away with the all the very sweet and thoughtful touches throughout - I hope I get to repay you all in some way at some point.

It was really the perfect event and couldn't have asked for more. With everyone's crazy lives these ladies took time from their lives to spend either a few minutes, hours or the entire day and that alone means the world to me. I already miss my girls - it's probably the hardest part of this transition - not being able to see any of them whenever we want - I will need to trust that they will come visit or that we will be able to make time when I am in town for a few days. 

The little details of extremely thoughtful gestures - purple candy, brunch at the first place I ate the day I moved to the city, a little time in central park, the coasters, the posters, the flowers, the amazing food, the crepe cake, and of course the general silliness that happens when a gaggle of girls get together. I will cherish all these memories forever! I know I haven't included tons of pics to date - well here are few. 





The best part about the day - is we laughed, A LOT. There were lots and lots of stories - all kinds of stories that reminded me just how amazing my life and friendships have been. I know I won't get to see all my friends as often as I want anymore and that's hard. I know now that I am getting married my priorities will switch more. But I will never, ever forget all my amazing friends and I know that even if we don't see each other, we are there.

I think Saturday was the perfect reflection on the cycle of friendship. I tried to spend even a few minutes with each and everyone one of you to chat, catch up and just be with you. I think when I do come back to town now I will try and do that more often. We all have stories, fun times, hard times, silly times. Sometimes our lives change and we don't get to see each other as often - people move, people get married, people have babies - guess what, this is always going to happen. It doesn't mean we love each other less, it just means we need to appreciate what time we can spend with each other. I know I did on Saturday and for that I am very very happy.

I already miss you all and was overwhelmed (still am) by the love I felt on Saturday. I said it then and I will say it again - I am sooooo lucky to have these friends. I hope I continue to earn your friendship. I do hope that there is room for people to come visit means that I may get lucky and get you crazy kids down there. Regardless, I still feel like the luckiest girl in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment