Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Advice Too Good Not to Share

Over the years I have received a lot of advice - on everything from which shoes to wear with that dress to how save money for a "rainy day." I also started receiving and actually listening to marriage advice many years ago.  Now that I am married I thought it would be fun to share some of the advice and "tips" I have received. Some are down right funny, some made me think, and some provoked more questions.

Would love to hear your thoughts on some of these. Please note - I may or may not agree with all this advice but it all gave me something to think about.

"Be patient, be respectful, and remember you aren't just you anymore"

"We never fell out of love at the same time"

"Work at it, it won't always be easy. Marriage is not easy it's hard work, too many young people give up too easily."

"Men have pride, women have strength - remember to never hurt his pride."

"Focus on the family, our family keeps our marriage strong"

"Keep it spicy"

"Communicate about everything"

"Find your routines and your roles, then break them every once in a while"

"Have a baby"

"Communicate don't talk"

"Support each other but challenge each other if something is wrong, then work at it together."

""Don't try and change each other but try and appreciate your differences and find middle ground"

"Compromise but don't always give in"

"Put each other first, not your parents or anyone else - you are each other's priorities."

"Be a soft and loving wife, support him."

"Say I love you, a lot."

And my personal favorite courtesy of my great aunts who also supplied a few of the ones above ""Don't be scared on your wedding night, it gets better" (ok that one was from a 95 year old aunt - it was followed with) "Oh i think they have done that"

Ok so what are your favorites? Do you have tidbits to add? Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment