Saturday, June 2, 2012

I Get it Now

First all, apologies for the quiet - this blog is actually very important to me and I have actually started several posts but they don't feel done yet. Anyway, to today's post "i get it now" a friend said that to me yesterday. The same friend is actually staying with us for a few days - yes we have our first official house guests. I have to say I wasn't really to surprised to hear what was next - that a lot of people didn't understand my decisions. They don't understand why I would leave NY, my family, and my friends now.

Well that's the thing - I made these decisions for me, which is not something I have done a whole lot of over the years. I am a lot of things, selfish isn't one of them. I have usually made sacrifices for the people around me - it's part of who I am. I like to help and I don't do well at saying no a lot of times. But my decision to leave NYC - a city I will always love and move to St Barth was one I did for me. Ok, for US. 

It's was not a sacrifice to move here - I'm in paradise and I am with a man who loves me as much as I love him. In this crazy world we live in I really can't think of a better reason. I know I left a lot of career opportunity on the table, but I am currently working close to full time on two clients and right now couldn't take on another if I wanted to and I am doing things that I love - I'm still selling and I'm also working with both organizations on their future direction - it's challenging but fun at the same time. So I still work - I just don't work 80 - 90 hours a week any more, I believe in my clients and they believe in me, and I have a life.

But back to the real reason I moved - we are very much in love and I think it's pretty obvious but if you haven't seen us together I guess I can understand - it doesn't make a whole lot of sense on paper. We've been through some tough stuff together, personally and professionally and we support each other when we need it. The relationship grew over time but it was pretty strong from the beginning - he made it impossible not to fall in love with him. You see ladies - and I'm not making a lot of friends here - my fiance is romantic - not in the candy and flowers way but with words and gesture - there's a look that he gives me and I melt. We walk down the street and he will gently reach for my fingers to interlock - it's one of the best feeling in the world.

I'm happier when I am here - that I know now - and not just when we are out diving or enjoying the area, in our everyday life, I am happier. The location helps - but its the person I am going to share my life with and his heart that I made this decision for and that makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment